- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fresh Off the Boat star Randall Park is in negotiations to joins DreamWorks’ ensemble comedy Office Christmas Party.
Jennifer Aniston, Jason Bateman, TJ Miller and Kate McKinnon are already on board the project that has Will Speck and Josh Gordon (Blades of Glory) directing.
The title lays out the concept as the script follows a cast of characters who have to contend with an office party gone awry.
Scott Stuber and Guymon Casady, who came up with the initial idea for the project, and Daniel Rappaport are producing the project that was first set up as a pitch in 2010. Casady and Rappaport are producing via their Entertainment 360 banner while Stuber is producing via his Bluegrass Films label. Lee Eisenberg, Gene Stupnitsky and Laura Solon wrote the most recent drafts of the script.
The movie will shoot this spring in Atlanta as it heads toward a domestic release date of Dec. 9 from Paramount.
Park stars as the father of an Asian-American family in ABC’s acclaimed comedy Fresh off the Boat and has appeared on shows such as Veep and Community.
On the movie front, he played the North Korean president in The Interview and appeared in Trainwreck and Neighbors.
He is repped by UTA, Principato-Young Entertainment and Myman Greenspan.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day