- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tory Lanez was charged Thursday in connection with the shooting of fellow rapper Megan Thee Stallion, according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.
Born Daystar Peterson, the 28-year-old rapper was charged with two felony counts: assault with a semiautomatic firearm — personal use of a firearm; and carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle. Peterson also faces a gun allegation and that he personally inflicted great bodily injury, according to authorities.
Those charges stem from a July 12 incident where Peterson and Megan Jovon Ruth Pete aka Megan Thee Stallion allegedly got into an argument while riding in an SUV in the Hollywood Hills. After she exited the car, Peterson is accused of shooting several times at her feet and wounding her, authorities say.
His arraignment is scheduled for Oct. 13. If convicted as charged, Peterson faces a possible maximum sentence of 22 years and eight months in state prison.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day