- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ray Liotta is in negotiations to play the villain in The Rut, an indie drama being directed by Karyn Kusama.
Chloe Moretz, recently attached to Carrie, and Magic City actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan, are starring in the project, being described as Winter’s Bone meets Whale Rider.
Written by Kevin Caruso, the story centers on a young girl (Moretz) who, in order to win the approval of her father (Morgan), surrounds herself with danger and adventure as she journeys into the wilderness alone to hunt deer.
Liotta will play a nemesis hunter to Moretz, a man who is obsessed with bow hunting and considers Morgan his rival.
Aaron Magnani and Martha Griffin are producing. Teri and Trevor Moretz are exec producing.
Liotta next will appear in Killing Them Softly with Brad Pitt; the Andrew Dominik-directed movie was chosen this week to have its premiere at the Cannes Film Festival. Liotta will also appear in The Iceman, a serial killer thriller whose cast includes Chris Evans, James Fracno, Michael Shannon and Winona Ryder.
He is repped by UTA, Untitled and Hansen Jacobson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day