- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ray Romano and Holly Hunter have joined the cast of the indie romantic comedy The Big Sick.
The duo are joining Kumail Nanjiani and Zoe Kazan for the Judd Apatow-produced project, which is being directed by Michael Showalter from a script by Nanjiani and his wife Emily Gordon.
The story is based off Nanjiani and Gordon’s own relationship as a Pakistan-born man and a American woman. Romano and Hunter will be playing Kazan’s character’s parents.
Barry Mendel is also producing the project, which is being financed by FilmNation.
The Everybody Loves Raymond star recently appeared in HBO’s music industry drama Vinyl and will return to the Ice Age animated franchise in the next installment, Collision Course.
Hunter starred in Sundance Channel’s Top of the Lake and can now be seen in Zach Snyder’s Batman v. Superman. She will soon be seen in Terrence Malick‘s Weightless.
Romano is repped by ICM, Conversation and Del Shaw. Hunter is repped by ICM, Management 360, Ziffren Brittenham.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day