- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
What better day of the year to honor the worst films of the year than April Fools’ Day?
The organizers of the Razzies – the annual spoof on the Oscars which honors the year’s worst films – announced that the show will be pushed to April 1 this year.
Also, instead of announcing the nominees on the eve of the Oscar nominations, this year the nominees will be announced on Feb. 25, the day before the Academy Awards.
“In addition to allowing the Razzies’ more than 600 voting members additional time to see the drek they will eventually nominate, this new schedule will also allow for more input from the movie-going public before the contenders are determined,” said a statement about the new date. The voters are comprised of regular moviegoers, film professionals and entertainment journalists.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day