- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Perhaps Teresa Giudice can say hi to Pornstache.
Giudice, who stars on Bravo’s Real Housewives of New Jersey, will serve her 15-month prison sentence for federal fraud charges at the Federal Correctional Institution in Danbury, Conn. — the prison that inspired the show Orange Is the New Black.
The show is based on the memoir of the same name by Piper Kerman, who wrote it after serving a yearlong sentence at Danbury. The fictional Litchfield Penitentiary in upstate New York is the primary setting of the Netflix series.
Teresa and husband Joe were sentenced earlier this month after pleading guilty to conspiracy and bankruptcy charges. Teresa’s sentence begins in January 2015, while Joe will serve his 41-month sentence after she gets out. The couple’s sentences were staggered so that one parent could remain home with their four daughters.
Teresa had asked to serve 12 of her 15 months in a halfway house, but her request was denied by the judge. The Associated Press previously reported the news.
Teresa will not be the first celebrity to set foot in the Danbury institution. Singer Lauryn Hill was released this month from the prison after serving a three-month sentence for tax evasion.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day