- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON — RealD, the 3D movie technology specialist has inked a deal with Bulgaria’s largest cinema exhibitor Kino Arena, to be the circuit’s exclusive 3D tech provider.
The deal means RealD 3D technology is initially expected to be installed across 44 Kino Arena screens, including all seven screens of the flagship Kino Arena, which is expected to open in the country’s capital Sofia, Dec. 21.
Kino Arena currently operates 10 cinema locations, across six cities, with a total of 77 screens including two standalone multiplexes with the country’s biggest cinema auditoriums.
RealD now boasts approximately 21,500 screens equipped with RealD 3D by approximately 900 exhibitors in 68 countries around the world by the end of September this year.
RealD 3D is high frame rate compatible and was recently chosen as the 3D presentation provider for the world premiere of Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey in New Zealand, the first movie to be filmed and presented in a higher frame rate.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Hollywood Reporter
saturday night live