- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Her follow-up single, “My Moment,” has topped 22 million streams.
Black revealed on ABC News’ Nightline Wednesday that she dropped out of school after the bullying got so bad.
“When I walk by they’ll start singing ‘Friday’ in a really nasally voice,” she said of her classmates. “Or, you know, they’ll be like, ‘Oh hey, Rebecca, guess what day it is?'”
“She certainly did not need that kind of pressure,” added her mother, Georgina Marquez, a teacher now home-schooling her daughter while she focuses on her career.
Black says she has made enough money from Friday to pay for her college tuition, but does not know the exact amount.
In addition to “Friday” being featured on an episode of Fox’s hit Glee, she also appeared in Katy Perry’s video for “Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)” and won the Teen Choice Award for Choice Web Star at Sunday’s show.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day