- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
MTV viewers who were feeling down about the final installment of Jersey Shore on Thursday got a bit of a boost during the broadcast, as the network announced its host for next year’s MTV Movie Awards: Rebel Wilson.
The breakout comedienne (who played Kristen Wiig‘s tattooed roommate in Bridesmaids, a bullied bride in Bachelorette and a singing scene-stealer in Pitch Perfect) will serve as the master of ceremonies during the Sunday, April 14, 2013, event. The network made the announcement Thursday with a first look “trailer” during the Jersey Shore season finale in which Wilson is billed as the “star” of the upcoming Movie Awards.
The video clip appeared in lieu of a standard press announcement, serving as a nontraditional option for breaking the news to viewers.
Recent Movie Awards hosts have included Russell Brand, Jason Sudeikis, Aziz Ansari, Andy Samberg, Mike Myers and Sarah Silverman. Wilson will next appear opposite Dwayne Johnson and Mark Wahlberg in Pain & Gain.
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@THR.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Queen of Basketball