- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
COLOGNE, Germany – Red Arrow Entertainment Group, the international production and sales division of European broadcasting giant ProSiebenSat.1, has taken a majority stake in British non-scripted production house CPL Productions.
CPL specializes in entertainment and factual formats for TV and radio, with programs such as sports entertainment panel show A League of Their Own on Sky1 and When the Dog Dies, a Radio 4 comedy series featuring legendary Brit comedian Ronnie Corbett.
CPL’s management team – Danielle Lux, Murray Boland, Heather Hampson and Janet Oakes – will continue to run the company, joined by James Baker and Joel Denton, managing directors of Red Arrow UK.
Under the agreement, Red Arrow subsidiary SevenOne International will handle worldwide sales for new formats and finished shows produced by CPL. The British firm will also have exclusive first look rights to Red Arrow’s slate of international formats, with an eye to producing versions for the U.K. market.
The CPL deal is Red Arrow’s first move into the British non-scripted market, but the group already has a foothold in the U.K. drama business, having bought a majority stake last year in BAFTA-winning group the Mob Film Co., makers of Terry Prachett‘s The Hogfather.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day