- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s how the west was won.
On Tuesday, Rockstar games announced Red Dead Redemption 2 earned a record-breaking $725 million during its first weekend on sale.
The highly anticipated open-world video game set records for largest ever preorders, largest first-day sales and largest sales for the first three days in market on the PlayStation Network, according to Rockstar, which cited Sony.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is the second-highest grossing entertainment launch of all time behind Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto V, which achieved over $1 billion in retail sell-through in three days.
The follow-up (a prequel) to 2010’s Red Dead Redemption, centers on outlaw Arthur Morgan, a leading member of the notorious Van der Linde gang in the last dying days of America’s Wild West.
Featuring a sweeping open world, incredible immersive gameplay and an attention to detail unlike anything else in gaming, Rockstar’s return to the Old West is being called a masterpiece of design, craft and storytelling.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day