- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
RedOne’s 2101 Records will be distributed by Universal Music Group’s Capitol Records and its operations based at the Capitol Records Tower in Hollywood. Capitol Music Group chairman and CEO Steve Barnett made the announcement May 1.
Barnett said Capitol is “especially relying on his acumen as an executive and his commitment to discovering and guiding new talent through 2101 Records.”
Projects at the label will be overseen by RedOne, 2101 Records general manager Ray De La Garza and other executives.
Initial 2101 Records artists include pop quintet Midnight Red, industrial-rock pop artist Porcelain Black and indie-rock/electro hip-hop band 7Lions. Signings of established and new artists are expected shortly.
Formed in 2010, 2101 Records earned its first platinum-selling single with Havana Brown’s, “We Run The Night” featuring Pitbull and had an international success with Mohombi. He won two Grammys for his work with Lady Gaga.
RedOne, real name Nadir Khayat, is a Moroccan/Swedish-born producer, songwriter and music executive. He has worked with Jennifer Lopez, Nicki Minaj, Pitbull, Enrique Iglesias, Akon, Usher and others.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day