- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
If you thought that the problem with New York Comic Con was that it only happened once a year, ReedPOP has some good news for you — this summer, that’s going to change, with the organization opening the smaller-scale “Special Edition: NYC” show, June 14-15.
“Special Edition: NYC” will have a tighter focus on the comic industry as opposed to NYCC’s wider pop culture purview, according to ReedPOP’s global vp Lance Fensterman. “We’re trying to keep it really pure to comics,” Fensterman told Comic Book Resources, adding that the show will have “a little bit of kind of an indie bent to it. Just something for that pure comic fan, and something for the creator community.”
The show will be held in Javits Center North, which has housed NYCC’s Artist Alley for the past two years, with capacity targeted at somewhere between 10,000 and 15,000 people a day.
The choice of dates in the middle of June places the show in the same time period as Denver Comic Con, which runs June 13-15, and just a week before both HeroesCon in Charlotte, N.C., and Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con.
An official announcement about “Special Edition: NYC” is expected within the next couple of weeks.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day