- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The film, which had been set to open on Feb. 17, now debuts a Tuesday, hoping to woo couples.
“Starting Valentine’s Day, we’re making war, not love. We’re armed and ready with the perfect movie. This is a picture that has it all — humor, charm, wit and action — and it plays through the roof,” Fox president of distribution Bruce Snyder said.
The studio decided to move up the release by three days after strong test screenings.
In the film, Pine and Hardy portray the world’s deadliest CIA operatives, as well as inseparable partners and best friends — until they fall for the same woman (Witherspoon) and use their incomparable skills against each other.
The other Valentine’s Day offering is Screen Gems’ drama The Vow, starring Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day