- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kenneth Halsband has been promoted to president of physical and postproduction at Relativity Media. He will continue to oversee budgeting, physical production, postproduction and delivery for Relativity’s films.
Halsband, who joined Relativity as executive vp physical and postproduction in August 2007, has overseen physical production on such titles as The Fighter, Immortals, Limitless and Dear John and upcoming releases 21 and Over, Out of the Furnace and Safe Haven. He also was part of the Relativity team behind the implementation of the recent increased film incentive program in Quebec.
Before joining Relativity, Halsband founded Finish Line Post in 2006, an independent technology lab and digital postproduction company. He began his career working at Saturday Night Live with its film unit. He also worked on locations for Woody Allen’s Deconstructing Harry, Mighty Aphrodite and Celebrity, among others, before moving into producing.
“Ken has been extremely instrumental to our productions over the past several years,” said Relativity Media president Tucker Tooley. “He is not only passionate about all of our films, but his hard work ethic and focus on physical production and postproduction has made him an outstanding executive on our team.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day