- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Open Road Films has acquired the European-set chase movie for U.S. distribution from IM Global. According to court documents filed Sept. 26 in New York and obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, the Ryan Kavanaugh-led studio was trying to sell the film to IM Global for a $200,000 payment plus contingent compensation of up to $630,000. The proposed agreement called for Open Road to provide Relativity with audit statements.
Open Road CEO Tom Ortenberg and IM Global CEO Stuart Ford have confirmed that Open Road will release the film wide on April 1.
Directed by Eran Creevy and starring Hoult, Felicity Jones, Anthony Hopkins and Ben Kingsley, the film was financed by IM Global and China’s DMG Entertainment, with additional financing by Sycamore Pictures. Joel Silver produced along with Ben Pugh and Rory Aitken via 42 and Brian Kavanaugh-Jones via Automatik. Action Concept also was a producer.
The film revolves around a young American couple (Hoult and Jones) who are plunged into a game of cat-and-mouse across Germany when they find themselves caught between two ruthless feuding criminals (Hopkins and Kingsley).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day