- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The executive shake-up is continuing at Ryan Kavanaugh’s Relativity Media, with longtime head of distribution Kyle Davies exiting for a top job at Paramount.
In recent months, Davies’ duties have shifted to oversee RED, the joint distribution venture between Relativity Media and EuropaCorp through which all Relativity titles are released (ditto for EuropaCorp).
At Paramount, Davies will serve as head of domestic distribution under the president of worldwide marketing and distribution, Megan Colligan. The job has been vacant since Don Harris’ retirement.
Davies is a respected veteran who joined Relativity in 2010 when Kavanaugh bought Overture Films. Insiders say Greg Forston, who works under Davies, will assume Davies’ duties.
His departure comes at a crucial time for Relativity, which is still trying to emerge from Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Davies is the latest in a string of executives to leave Kavanaugh’s company as it battles for new life, and comes days after corporate communications exec vp David Shane stepped down.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day