- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The fourth film in the “Resident Evil” franchise opened atop the box office this weekend, so it isn’t a surprise that there would be a fifth one already in the works.
“This new ‘Resident Evil’ is the first one to ever open at No. 1 worldwide. It’s the biggest movie in the franchise,” star Milla Jovovich said to Vulture. “So we’re definitely going to make another one.”
Ideas for the next installment may come from suggestions on Twitter, the actress said, adding “it’s probably going to be one of the first movies where we really talk to fans to see what they want, and what characters they want to see. It’s going to be a more interactive process.”
“Resident Evil: Afterlife,” starring Jovovich and Ali Larter, knocked “Inception” from the top spot overseas, taking in $46.2 million. Domestically, “Afterlife” made a healthy $27.7 million, the most a “Resident Evil” pic has ever made in its opening weekend.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day