- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ric Roman Waugh has signed on to direct and rewrite the sci-fi thriller Tipping Point for Relativity Media.
Based on an original screenplay by Todd Stein, the story is set 100 years in the future as the world’s population approaches 10 billion and the penalty for having children without a license is death — no questions, no excuses, and no mercy. Ruthless Population Control Officer Solomon Cage lives only for his job until the day he discovers two fugitives he’s been pursuing are the love of his life who mysteriously disappeared years ago and the 12-year-old son he never knew he had.
Temple Hill Entertainment’s Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey — the pair behind The Twilight Saga — are producing alongside Relativity CEO Ryan Kavanaugh and Industry Entertainment’s Andrew Deane. Relativity president Tucker Tooley and Industry’s Jess Rosenthal will serve as exec produce.
Waugh’s upcoming credits include Snitch, an action-thriller starring Dwayne Johnson, which opens Feb. 2. The former stuntman who also directed Felon is repped by WME and Management 360.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day