- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Oscar-winning actor Richard Dreyfuss has been cast in a co-starring role for Cas & Dylan, Jason Priestley’s directorial debut.
Dreyfuss will play Dr. Cas Pepper, a dying man whose plans to check out on his own terms takes a reluctant detour when he winds up on the lam with a young woman, played by Tatiana Maslany.
Priestley (Call Me Fitz, Beverly Hills, 90210) will direct the Canadian indie film from a script by Jessie Gabe (Being Erica).
Mark Montefiore (Picnicface, Eating Buccaneers) is producing.
Dreyfuss, who won an Oscar for his star turn in the 1977 film The Goodbye Girl, also had an early starring role in the classic 1974 Canadian film The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz, by director Ted Kotcheff.
His other film credits include Jaws, Mr. Holland’s Opus, Close Encounters of the Third Kind and American Graffiti.
Co-star Maslany won the special jury prize for Breakout Star at Sundance for her performance in Grown Up Movie Star.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day