- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Richard Simmons has been admitted to a California hospital for severe indigestion, his manager Michael Catalano told ABC News on Tuesday.
“Richard Simmons was hospitalized on Monday at an undisclosed location in California,” Catalano said. “After a few days of battling severe indigestion and discomfort while eating, we agreed it was best for him to seek treatment.”
Simmons is “already feeling better and is expected to make a full recovery,” Catalano added, according to ABC News.
Catalano could not immediately be reached for further information.
Simmons, who disappeared from public eye over three years ago, has made headlines of late surrounding the state of his mental and physical health. His self-imposed exile has resulted in a now-hit podcast, Missing Richard Simmons, from Daily Show producer Dan Taberski. It has become the most popular podcast since Serial, with the makers of the mystery/biography hybrid now shopping it as potential source material for a TV series.
The interest surrounding Simmons’ disappearance resulted in the star gracing the cover of a recent issue of People magazine, with the story delving into his whereabouts, though Simmons declined to participate in the story.
Simmons has not been seen in public since 2014.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day