- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Earlier this week it was all about Tom Brady’s “balls.” And on Thursday designer Rick Owens sent male models down the runway at his Fall/Winter 2015 menswear fashion show in what can only be described as tunics with strategically placed cutouts and opening displaying the men’s nether regions. Obviously, this move had everyone buzzing with “Rick’s Dicks,” becoming a popular social media hashtag.
Female models walk the runway frequently sheer and low-cut ensembles, so why is this any different? According to the designer, it isn’t. “Well, isn’t it time,” Owens said in an interview to i-D magazine backstage yesterday. “I thought it was the most simple, primal gesture — and you know I love a simply tiny, little gesture that packs the wallop.”
Uh, simple and tiny indeed.
RUNWAY DICKS: Two models walked the runway at the Rick Owens Fall/Winter menswear show in Paris.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day