- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON – Ricky Gervais is bringing his most famous comic creation, David Brent, back to British television screens.
Brent, the character from the original U.K. version of The Office, will resurface in a short episodic skit on BBC One as part of charity Comic Relief’s fundraising efforts on the “Red Nose Day” telethon.
Gervais said on his blog, “I thought it was time to revisit my most famous comedy creation to find out what he’s been up to for the last decade and most importantly what he’s up to now.”
The episode, The Office Revisited, will detail Brent’s ongoing dream to make it in the music business while he continues to work as a traveling salesman peddling cleaning products.
Gervais predicts that fans of The Office will be “excited to know we finally get to hear the whole of ‘The Serpent Who Guards the Gates of Hell’ and an amazingly cringe-worthy, self-funded video ‘Equality Street.’ Horrendous.”created the show.
The Office Revisited will air March 15 on BBC One on Red Nose Day.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day