- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Two decades after the release of Gladiator, Ridley Scott and Joaquin Phoenix are looking to reteam on another historical drama.
Scott is set to direct Phoenix in a Napoleon Bonaparte movie Kitbag, which is in early development. David Scarpa (All the Money in the World) will write the screenplay.
Scott and Kevin Walsh would produce Scott Free, which has a first-look deal at the Disney-owned 20th Century Studios. (Should the project go, it is likely that 20th Century will be the studio.) The director and studio recently wrapped production on Scott’s next movie The Last Duel, starring Adam Driver and Matt Damon.
Scott will next work on MGM feature Gucci, which has Lady Gaga set to star alongside Robert De Niro, Al Pacino and Driver.
Phoenix, who picked up an Oscar for his role in The Joker, will next be seen in Mike Mills’ A24 feature C’mon C’mon.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day