- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ryan Knighton has been tapped to write Snow Leopard, an action-thriller quietly in development at Fox.
Ridley Scott’s Scott Free Productions and Temple Hill, run by Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey, are producing. Also producing are Todd Hoffman of Bungalow Media and Greg Shapiro of Kingsgate.
The story is set in motion when an elite military training compound finds itself under siege, and an unlikely pair of soldiers must fight from the shadows and confront the question of what is real and what isn’t.
The project is based on a New York Times article detailing the Army’s CASCOM Ultimate Warrior Competition.
Both producers are Fox favorites. Scott is behind the studio’s big holiday tentpole, Exodus: God and Kings starring Christian Bale, while Temple Hill is coming off of The Maze Runner and going straight into its sequel, Scorch Trials.
Knighton is a Canadian scribe who last adapted Proof of Heaven, based on the book by Eben Alexander, which is set up at Universal. He also wrote Thick as Thieves for Fox 2000, which is being produced by Imagine and Peter Craig, and Wings of Madness, also for Fox. The latter is being produced by Chris Wedge.
He is repped by WME and Mosaic.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day