- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A version of this story first appeared in the Nov. 27 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
Ridley Scott is not only seeing strong buzz and box office (at $500 million worldwide) with The Martian, he watched his son, Jake, tie the knot in England in early November.
It wasn’t the only wedding he attended this year: In June, the 77-year-old attended his own when he eloped with actress Giannina Facio, 60. “No one knew; we just went and got married,” Scott tells THR, adding that he wanted a small event. “If one lot is going to come, then the whole bloody world is going to come.”
Scott did host a nice selection of friends and onetime colleagues on Nov. 5 when the director was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Showing their support were Russell Crowe, Djimon Hounsou, Eli Roth, Kristen Wiig, Jerry Bruckheimer and Salma Hayek.
Scott was previously married to Sandy Watson for 10 years and Felicity Heywood for more than a decade.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day