- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Photos of Rihanna appearing to roll a marijuana blunt at the Coachella Music Festival over the weekend have sparked online criticism of the R&B star — but she has some strong words for the haters.
“Yikes. @Rihanna’s marijuana photos from Coachella spark controversy,” MTV wrote on its Twitter account on Thursday afternoon, posting shots from the singer’s Instagram feed and drawing a barbed response from Rihanna herself.
“@MTV Yikes… @rihanna ran out of f***s to give,” she tweeted back.
MTV has since deleted its tweet, though the story remains posted.
PHOTOS: The Scene at Coachella 2012
“I’m crazy, and I don’t pretend to be anything else,” Rihanna tweeted on Tuesday, in response to fans concerned by the photos.
Perhaps she was drawing inspiration from past artists: on Wednesday, Rihanna took to her Twitter page to advise fans to see the new Bob Marley documentary, “Marley.”
“Bob Marley is my HERO #thatisall,” she added, of the noted reggae icon and marijuana aficionado.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Prince Harry Says Thought of Piers Morgan Listening to Princess Diana’s Private Messages Makes Him “Physically Sick”
Prince Harry a No-Show on First Day of London Tabloid Trial, Set to Become First Royal to Testify in 130 Years
Tyler James Williams
Tyler James Williams Warns of the Danger of Speculating About Someone’s Sexuality