- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rihanna opened her Diamonds World Tour last week in Buffalo, New York, wearing Riccardo Tisci’s Givenchy couture creations. The costumes, which were seen in the show’s first act, contained elements similar to those in Givenchy’s fall 2013 menswear collection.
She entered the stage wearing his black-ruffled, silk-embroidered collar accessorized with a pair of black-and-white leather thigh-high boots with lace detailing, and later continued her performance in a printed hooded parka with gold bullet motifs, ornate embroidery and Swarovski Elements. Underneath the parka, she wore a black-and-white leather bra with golden buckles and star embroidery and a pair of black silk and satin mini-shorts. Did we forget to mention the target on her back?
The label describes Rihanna’s costumes as a “symbol of female empowerment and urban haute couture elegance,” while Tisci offers thoughts of his own.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day