- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When there is real work to be done, you better dress for it. That seemed to be the mindset of Rihanna on Wednesday when she met one-on-one with French President Emmanuel Macron to discuss funding international education.
The pop star/philanthropist chose a extra-long gray shirt and baggy trousers by Celine, topped by an oversized jacket, along with a Dior Addict handbag.
Rihanna has a relationship with the French fashion house, and attended the fall 2017 show in Paris and the Resort 2018 show in Los Angeles. In 2016, she designed a sunglasses collection for Dior.
First lady Brigitte Macron also dressed down for the meeting in blue jeans and a white short-sleeved jacket by Louis Vuitton.
President Macron invited Rihanna to the Elysee Palace after she tweeted to him directly back in June in her capacity as founder of the nonprofit Clara Lionel Foundation, asking for his commitment to support education in the developing world.
Rihanna took to Twitter after the meeting to express her gratitude.
Thank you Mr. President @EmmanuelMacron and Madame First Lady for the incredible meeting and passion for global and girls education!
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Tracee Ellis Ross