- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
From the international stage to the director’s chair, Rihanna has done it all. But surprisingly, the humble, successful 27-year-old doesn’t think that her adoring fans should be looking to her as a role model.
See more New York Fashion Week’s Front Row
In a new interview with NME Magazine, RiRi said she’s not exactly the role-model type — like say, Taylor Swift. When asked if she would consider joining the ever-growing list of celebrities that have made an onstage appearance on Swift’s 1989 Tour, she responded, “I don’t think our brands are the same: I don’t think they match, I don’t think our audiences are the same. In my mind, she’s a role model; I’m not.”
Excuse us, Rihanna, but as an accomplished performer/face of Dior/creative director/designer/perfumer/incredible human being we’d beg to differ. For now, we’ll keep looking up to you and your entrepreneurial ways. Sorry not sorry.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day