- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“Holy crap” seems to be the general consensus in the Pret-a-Reporter newsroom regarding Rihanna’s CFDA outfit, a custom, sheer Adam Selman number made from 216,000 Swarovski crystals that — in true Rihanna fashion — leaves little to the imagination.
PHOTOS: Rihanna’s 15 Best Red Carpet Looks of All Time
The performer is set to receive a fashion icon award at what is widely considered the “Oscars of fashion,” taking place Monday night at New York’s Lincoln Center.
Selman has been designing costumes for Rihanna since 2011 and debuted his own line at New York Fashion Week in September 2013. And his glittering, hand-made CFDA creation includes gloves and a head scarf that channel famed jazz age dancer Josephine Baker, who coincidentally would be celebrating her 98th birthday on Monday.
PHOTOS: CFDA Fashion Awards: Red Carpet Arrivals
We’re betting that she’d approve of the look, too.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day