- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rihanna is the new face of Balmain, the French fashion house announced Tuesday.
The singer modeled for her first-ever Balmain spring 2014 campaign, shot in New York by Dutch photographers Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin and styled by her personal stylist, Mel Ottenberg. The ads are set to appear in the magazines’ January issues.
“In front of the camera, she makes you feel like she is the only girl in the world,” Balmain creative director Olivier Roisteing said in a statement. “When the woman that inspires you wears your creations, your vision feels complete.”
Looks like bad girl RiRi was excited to take part in Balmain’s latest campaign, as she tweeted this morning, “Guess who’s the new BALMAIN Woman???!!!!!!!”
— Rihanna (@rihanna) December 17, 2013
The multi-talented pop star, who has designed a collection for London-based label River Island and is exec producer for Bravo’s Styled to Rock, also appeared in a campaign for Armani Jeans in May 2012.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day