- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rihanna is a fashion force to be reckoned with, as she’s set to receive this year’s CFDA Fashion Icon Award.
The “Diamonds” singer, who received a similar award at last year’s American Music Awards, will be honored at the 2014 CFDA Fashion Awards, announced The Council of Fashion Designers of America Inc. on Monday. The award ceremony will be held June 2 in New York City.
PHOTOS: Paris Fashion Week: Hollywood Hearts Miu Miu
The award is given to one whose style has made a tremendous impact on pop culture around the world. Past honorees include Johnny Depp (2012), Lady Gaga (2011), Iman (2010), Kate Moss (2005) and Nicole Kidman (2003).
In Vogue‘s March issue, the pop star offered some words of wisdom for dressing like her. “If I’m wearing a top, I don’t wear a bra. If I’m wearing a bra, I just wear a bra,” said Rihanna, among other styling tips.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Jonathan Majors Arrested for Alleged Assault, Rep Says Actor “Has Done Nothing Wrong”
The Woman King
Gina Prince-Bythewood to Be Honored at Black Business Association Salute to Black Women Event
Jeremy Renner Says Snowplow Involved in New Year’s Day Accident Is “Finally Making Her Way Back Home”