- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Residents of the Robert A.M. Stern-designed Century Tower in Century City have been catching frequent glimpses of high-profile neighbor Rihanna. According to several sources inside the building — among the most luxurious condo towers in L.A. — the pop star, who quietly purchased a unit several years ago, has begun using it as a primary residence. The 42-story tower is famed for its 24-hour valet, a 75-foot pool with private cabanas, private elevators and three layers of anti-paparazzi security. Rihanna, 29, reportedly was forced to vacate her Pacific Palisades home after trespassers were spotted on the property.
The Century has been home to a number of other high-profile residents. Paula Abdul owns a unit there as does celebrity chef Nobu Matsuhisa. It is also home to Candy Spelling, who resides in an 18-thousand-square-foot, $35 million penthouse that — for the time being — still has bragging rights as the most expensive condo in L.A. A second penthouse in the building that is listed for $26.5 million is said to have a very serious buyer, according to a real estate source.
A version of this story first appeared in the April 26 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day