- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In “it was only a matter of time” news, Rihanna revealed today that she will trade her front-row fashion week seats for a more behind-the-scenes role by presenting at next year’s New York Fashion Week.
The ultimate multihyphenate, who counts pop star, actress, perfumier, creative director and general badass among her many titles, disclosed via Twitter that her insanely successful Puma by Rihanna line — which was the company’s highest-performing category last quarter — will hit the runway for the first time on Feb. 12 for the showing of her AW 2016 collection.
RiRi coyly made the announcement by tweeting out a link to a Paddle8 auction for two front-row tickets to the show. In addition to the tickets, the winner will also receive a commercial flight to the city, backstage access, an invite to the afterparty and plenty of Puma swag.
Proceeds from the auction, which has a starting bid of $15,000 and will be live until Thursday, benefit the Clara Lionel Foundation, a non-profit which Rihanna founded in honor of her grandparents that provides services for the development of art, education and culture globally.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Portia de Rossi
James Gordon Meek