- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TOKYO – An actress portraying Sadako, the character from Japanese horror film franchise The Ring known for her distinctive long hair covering her face, threw the opening pitch at a baseball game in Japan this weekend as part of the promotion for upcoming release Sadako 3D 2.
To start off the Chunichi Dragons vs. Hanshin Tigers pro baseball game at the Nagoya Dome, she threw a pitch a respectable 68 mph (110 kph).
The Sadako character from The Ring, with three mini-Sadakos accompanying her, collapsed after throwing the pitch and was stretchered off. Later the same afternoon, she repeated the performance at the Seibu Dome in Saitama for the Seibu Lions v Fukuoka Softbank Hawks game.
The original Ringu (1998) was directed by Hideo Nakata and spawned two U.S. remakes starring Naomi Watts.
Sadako 3D 2 will be released on Friday in Japan by Kadokawa Pictures.
Watch the opening pitches by Sadako below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day