- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Dress: An incredibly glamorous gown from Marchesa’s spring 2016 collection, featuring a heavily embellished bodice with delicate chiffon sleeves and a plunging neckline. The dress was finished off with a tiered ombre skirt with a trailing train.
The Wearer: Pop diva Rita Ora.
The Event: The 2015 Bambi Awards in Berlin, where Ora both was a performer and honoree. She was joined on the carpet by fellow award-winners Heidi Klum and Hilary Swank, who were also dressed to the nines in luxe ball gowns.
Why We Dig: While we love both the minimalist and the modern designs that have been sweeping the red carpets lately, we’ll always be suckers for gorgeous, over-the-top ball gowns like Ora’s incredible Marchesa number. The sparkle, the volume — even the singer’s blindingly bright accessories — make for a truly show-stopping ensemble. The 24-year-old topped the dress with a striking brow and glowing green eye shadow, which matched the long seafoam train (which was carried behind her down the red carpet) for a magical, fairytale look.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day