- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
RLJE Films has aquired the North American rights to the Joe Manganiello-starring action thriller Archenemy ahead of its debut at Beyond Fest.
A Dec. 11 theatrical, On demand and digital release is planned for writer/director Adam Egypt Mortimer’s adventure pic with Magic Mike and True Blood star Manganiello playing a dubious superhero called Max Fist in the indie from Mandy producer SpectreVision.
“With Joe Manganiello’s strong performance and Adam Egypt Mortimer’s innovative direction, we couldn’t have asked for a better dream team to showcase Archenemy at Beyond Fest and in theaters and various platforms in December,” RLJE Films chief acquisitions officer Mark Ward said in a statement
Voltage Pictures handled international sales for the adventure flick produced by Daniel Noah, Lisa Whalen, Elijah Wood, Kim Sherman, Mortimer, Manganiello and Nick Manganiello.
Ward and Jess DeLeo from RLJE Films hammered out the deal, with SpectreVision negotiating on behalf of the filmmakers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day