- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Roadside Attractions has acquired North American rights to Jamie Bradshaw and Alexander Doulerain‘s futuristic thriller Branded. The distributor plans a nationwide theatrical rollout in September, with Lionsgate subsequently handling home entertainment, VOD and other ancillaries.
The movie is set in a dystopian world where corporate brands have unleashed a global conspiracy to control minds as one man, played by Ed Stoppard, tries to unlock the truth.
Bradshaw and Doulerain co-wrote, produced and directed. Bradshaw is the co-founder of Ignition Creative, one of the top creative advertising agencies in Hollywood, and Doulerain is chief creative officer of the TNT Television Network in Russia. In addition to Stoppard, the movie stars Leelee Sobieski, Jeffrey Tambor, Ingeborga Dapkunaite and Max von Sydow.
The deal was negotiated by Roadside co-president Howard Cohen with Cassian Elwes and Dean Cheley for Barbossa Production S.A.and the filmmakers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day