- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Simon & Schuster has acquired Love Life, the second book from Parks and Recreation actor Rob Lowe, for publication in 2013. The book will explore Lowe’s views on everything from sex to marriage to money to fatherhood.
The book is a follow-up to this year’s well-reviewed memoir, Stories I Only Tell My Friends, which spent 17 weeks on The New York Times bestseller list and made several year-end “best of” lists.
Lowe said in a statement, “I’m hoping readers will think of the first book as a restaurant where they ate a good meal, and that they’ll want to come back and try a new dish.”
Simon & Schuster publisher Jonathan Karp expressed enthusiasm for Lowe’s new project. “The first book proved that Rob Lowe is a great storyteller. The second book will prove that he can write about anything and continue to captivate readers.”
Lowe is repped by Jennifer Rudolph Walsh of William Morris Endeavor and Jon Liebman of Brillstein Entertainment Partners. S&S acquired the book at auction.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day