- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rob Lowe is returning to Lifetime.
After starring in Drew Peterson: Untouchable, the Parks and Recreation star is set for the new television movie centered on the Casey Anthony trial, tentatively titled Prosecuting Casey Anthony.
Lowe will portray Jeff Ashton, the Florida prosecutor during the highly-televised trial and the author of the best-selling HarperCollins tell-all Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony, the novel upon which the telepic is based. Casey Anthony was acquitted of killing daughter Caylee last year.
“We’re thrilled to have Rob returning to our network, after his amazing star turn as Drew Peterson. He’s one of those rare stars who can do it all, comedy, drama, heroes and villains,” said Rob Sharenow, evp programming at Lifetime Networks. “There are very few actors in the history of our business who have been able to have such success on such a broad range.”
Prosecuting Casey Anthony will be told in Ashton’s perspective, follows the investigation and the trial. The Fox TV telepic will be executive produced by Jean Abounader and Michelle Manning, directed by Peter Werner and was penned by Alison Cross.
Lowe, repped by WME and Brillstein Entertainment Partners, currently stars on NBC’s Parks and Rec.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day