- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rob Riggle will fight zombies in the upcoming adaptation of video game Dead Rising.
The comedian has joined the cast of Dead Rising: Watchtower, a feature-length film from Legendary Digital Media that will stream on Sony’s Crackle. He will play Frank West, a photojournalist skilled at surviving zombie attacks. YouTube star Harley Morenstein, Keegan Connor Tracy (Bates Motel) and Aleks Paunovic (This Means War) will also star.
Paunovic will play Logan, the head of a biker gang, while Morenstein, known for cooking up high-calorie meals on YouTube channel Epic Meal Time, will play his second-in-command, Pyro. Tracy will take on the role of a straight-laced journalist. They join existing castmembers Jesse Metcalfe, Meghan Ory, Virginia Madsen and Dennis Haysbert.
Dead Rising, based on the Capcom franchise, takes place after a zombie outbreak. When a government-issued vaccine fails to prevent the infection from spreading, a group tries to avoid infection while investigating the root of the epidemic.
The film is written by Tim Carter, who is producing alongside Tomas Harlan under their Contradiction Films banner. Lorenzo di Bonaventura will executive produce.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Jamie Lee Curtis