- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Balibo helmer is attached to direct and produce The Shipkiller, based on New York Times best-selling author Justin Scott’s epic 1978 novel.
Gale Anne Hurd (The Walking Dead, The Hulk) is producing through her Valhalla Entertainment shingle. Connolly will produce via his Arenamedia banner. Henry Morrison (the Bourne trilogy) and Andrew Myer are executive producing.
The revenge thriller is set on the high seas, stretching from the titanic storms of the South Atlantic to the oil-slicked reaches of the Persian Gulf, and follows one man determined to win at sea the justice he has been denied on land.
“This is an extraordinary novel that was almost made in 1979 with Sean Connery and David Niven, and I am ecstatic to be working with the remarkably talented Gale Anne Hurd to finally bring this brilliant novel and tale to life,” Connolly said. “Ever since seeing Phillip Noyce’s terrific Dead Calm, I had wanted to find the perfect thriller at sea, and this is surely it.”
Connolly is managed by Jennifer Levine at Untitled.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day