- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
German actress Veronica Ferres has joined The Comedian, which stars Robert De Niro as an aging insult comic.
Taylor Hackford is directing the film, which centers on De Niro’s character who is a has-been comedian who tries to pay the bills by performing in small comedy clubs in New York. After he’s sentenced to community service for punching a heckler, he meets a woman (Leslie Mann) who is serving a similar sentence for assaulting her cheating ex-boyfriend. Art Linson wrote the script.
Ferres plays a wedding planner hired to plan the wedding of the daughter of De Niro’s character.
The project is currently filming in New York. Cinelou Films partners, Courtney Solomon and Mark Canton are producing and financing the film with Art Linson also producing alongside John Linson. Stephanie Caleb and David Hopwood are serving as co-producers along with Scott Karol, Wayne Marc Godfrey and Robert Jones acting as executive producers.
Ferres is a well-known German actress who will next be seen starring in Werner Herzog’s film Salt and Fire, co-starring Michael Shannon and Gael Garcia Bernal. She’s repped by Three Six Zero Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day