- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Robert Downey Jr.’s son, Indio Falconer Downey, was arrested Sunday afternoon on suspicion of cocaine possession, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The 20-year-old was a passenger in a car, and when the police pulled the vehicle over, they found cocaine and drug paraphernalia in his possession, the West Hollywood station of the L.A. Sheriff’s Department tells THR.
Indio Downey was taken to jail and released shortly after midnight Monday on $10,000 bail. His next court date is Aug. 29, according to the Associated Press.
Robert Downey Jr. stressed that his son is getting help and support from his family.
“Unfortunately, there’s a genetic component to addiction, and Indio has likely inherited it. Also, there is a lot of family support and understanding, and we’re all determined to rally behind him and help him become the man he’s capable of being,” the Iron Man star said in a statement. “We’re grateful to the Sheriff’s department for their intervention, and believe Indio can be another recovery success story instead of a cautionary tale.”
Downey famously struggled with his own addiction to cocaine and heroin.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day