- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Robert Duvall gave a hilariously candid interview on Thursday’s The Late Show, where he admitted he watched a lousy Warner Bros. movie on a recent flight (he wouldn’t say which film) and asked David Letterman why on Earth he was retiring.
See more Highly Paid Film Stars
“That guy taking over isn’t that funny,” Duvall said, without naming Letterman replacement Stephen Colbert.
When Letterman didn’t respond, Duvall added: “Sorry, maybe you’re friends.”
But hey, as Duvall’s The Judge costar Robert Downey Jr. said earlier this week, when you’re as good as Duvall, there’s a lot you can get away with.
The interview had a few other gems in it as well, including explaining a benefit of being married to his wife, who is four decades his junior.
” ‘The worst thing for an old man is an old woman,’ ” he said, quoting a friend’s advice about younger women. “So I’m trying to live that philosophy out.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day