- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Robert Halmi Jr.‘s Great Point Media has made a deal to deliver at least eight genre movies to Cinedigm Corp. for distribution in theaters and on digital, video-on-demand, TV and in-home entertainment.
The movies will be primarily be in the sci-fi and thriller genres, and will have name cast members. The first two are to be delivered by later this year and the rest in 2015.
“We have over 30 films, 2 miniseries and 6 television series in various stages of production and development,” said Halmi, “and by collaborating with Cinedigm we feel these projects will all have a better chance of success.”
Cinedigm also gets a first look at everything Great Point develops.
“Given the need to feed Cinedigm’s growing — and hungry — distribution pipelines, including theatrical, VOD, TV and digital networks, securing quality cast-driven films is vital,” said Bill Sondheim, president, Cinedigm Entertainment. “The initial eight films are just the beginning as we dig into Great Point’s vast reservoir of projects yet to be developed.”
Great Point, based in London, was founded in 2012 by Halmi and Jim Reeve.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Women in Entertainment
Women in Entertainment 2022