- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
David Michod, the director behind Netflix’s War Machine as well as crime drama Animal Kingdom, is helming the production, which begins June 1 in the U.K., and wrote the script with Edgerton.
Plan B is producing along with Liz Watts, who produced Michod’s Animal Kingdom as well as The Rover. Edgerton and Michod are also producing.
According to Netflix, The King is based on Shakespeare’s Henry IV and V, focusing on a young and disgraced prince Hal (aka the future King Henry the V) who “inherits the crown and must learn what it means to be a king, guided by his one true friend, Falstaff.”
Chalamet is playing Hal, while Edgerton is Falstaff.
Pattinson will play The Dauphin, who is a French duke; Mendelsohn will play King Henry IV; Depp will portray Princess Catherine, daughter of the French king, who marries Hal; and Harris will step into the shoes of William.
Tom Glynn-Carney (Dunkirk) and Thomasin Harcourt McKenzie (Leave No Trace) are also in the movie.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day