- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Robert Pattinson dropped an F-bomb while presenting the Generation Award to his Water for Elephants co-star Reese Witherspoon at Sunday’s MTV Movie Awards.
While joking about playing her son in Vanity Fair (his scenes were cut before the film was released) and then her lover in Elephants, Pattinson said, “I didn’t cut you out, but I did f— you.” PHOTOS: What stars wore to the MTV Movie Awards
It wasn’t censored on the East coast. PHOTOS: Wildest moments from the MTV Movie Awards
Witherspoon dropped her own F-bomb in accepting the award from Pattinson. STORY: Shocking MTV Movie Awards moments
“By the way, Rob, the punch line to your joke was, I played your mother, then we had a sex scene, so really you’re the best mother f–ker in Hollywood,” she joked.
A network said in a statement, “It was unexpected, and was a technical glitch in not catching it. It won’t be in West Coast feed or any repeats.”
Pattinson was nominated eight times at Sunday’s award show. The Twilight Saga: Eclipse earned five awards, including best movie, best fight and best kiss (the smooch was nominated twice; Kristen Stewart was recognized for kissing Pattinson and Taylor Lautner, who kissed each other in the audience after hearing their film won the category).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day