- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The film, which had its world premiere at last month’s Berlin International Film Festival, stars Pattinson as a seductive social-climber in 19th century Paris. Based on the novel by Guy de Maupassant, it also stars Uma Thurman, Kristin Scott Thomas, Christina Ricci and Colm Meany.
The June release date means that Pattinson fans will have something new to look forward to while waiting for the release of his final Twilight movie, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2, which will be released Nov. 16.
“Bel Ami is a well-crafted, appealing film with a terrific ensemble cast,” Eamonn Bowles, president of Magnolia, the film division of the Wagner/Cuban Company, said. “We think it’s a great fit for our Ultra VOD program.”
Directed by Declan Donnellan and Nick Ormerod, the film was written by Rachel Bennette and produced by Uberto Pasolini. Simon Fuller of XIX Entertainment served as executive producer.
Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions will handle all other U.S. media.
The deal was negotiated for Magnolia by SVP of acquisitions Dori Begley and head of business Affairs Chris Matson with SPWA’s EVP of business affairs Michael Helfand and VP acquisitions and distribution Tana Evans.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day